A permanent hair straightening salon can guide you better about the treatment. If you are thinking about getting permanently straight hair, you have to know that it comes with various pros and cons. Even a hair extensions salon can tell you that.
Before you make up your mind about this treatment, consider all the challenges and perks.
Permanent Hair Straightening
It is also called Japanese hair straightening. There are different types of permanent hair treatments. Japanese hair straightening is one of them and is most popularly used. In this treatment your hair are exposed to extreme heat and chemicals to break the bonds. In this way, the structure of your hair changes. If you have curly and unruly hair, they become smooth and easily manageable. Since this is a permanent treatment, the straight hair will remain straight until you cut them out. The newly grown hair will not be straight.
It is a very lengthy procedure and it takes almost 4 to 5 hours. It is also an expensive treatment to get from a permanent hair straightening salon. But obviously, the cost depends upon the length and volume of your hair.
Pros of Getting Permanently Straight Hair
- If you are tired of using a straightener every day before going to work or blow drying your hair to remove all the frizz that you can, then permanent straightening is the best option you have. After this treatment, you will not have to work on your hair every morning.
- If you are growing new hair, you can use a flat iron towards the roots of your hair while the rest of them will remain straight.
- After getting a treatment from a permanent hair straightening salon, you will have glossy and sleek hair.
- It is suitable for all hair types, but it is best if you have only curly and voluminous hair.
- It is a long-term solution so you don’t have to worry about your hair for quite a long time.
- If you are stylist adds extra protein to the treatment, it can really repair the bonds of your hair.
- You can get this treatment at any hair extensions salon, and you can even do it on your extensions.
Cons of Getting Permanently Straight Hair
The disadvantages of getting permanent straightening treatment are more than its advantages.
- The procedure is very expensive. It can even cost you around $1000. So, if you are low on budget, you can’t even think about going to a hair extensions salon to straighten your extensions and hair.
- It is a very time-consuming method of straightening hair. It will require almost 4 to 5 hours for the treatments to settle in. But of course, the time will depend on the length of your hair.
- According to a survey, many African Americans did not have a good experience with permanent straightening. It is because of their hair texture and type. Due to some reasons, permanent straightening does not go well with their hair.
- You cannot regain your previous hair texture after this treatment. It takes away the volume of your hair. There is no level of volume reduction which you can select in permanent straightening.
- It requires a very experienced hairstylist to perform the treatment on your hair. It is because of the exposure to heat and harsh chemicals can damage your hair a lot. And if an inexperienced person is doing it, imagine what will happen to your hair.
- There is a lot of care that you have to give to your hair after the treatment. You cannot wash your hair or tie them in any way for at least 72 hours after the treatment.
- This process can dry up your hair, so if you have previously bleached your hair or have highlights, you will only damage your hair further with this treatment.
- The biggest disadvantage of permanent hair straightening is that it is not permanent. The regrowth of hair will bring in even more curly hair. So eventually you will have to use a flat iron to straighten them.
According to various hair stylists, you should book a consultation session at a permanent hair straightening salon rockville md. You have to talk to your stylist about this treatment. He can maybe tell you about a less damaging and temporary treatment.